2017 RiverWalk for Cancer Team Captain Info
Team captains are a vital part of the Walks for Cancer. They create teams, update their team fundraising pages and encourage family and friends to register and donate. We love our team captains, so we're sharing some information on what you can do to be great at leading a team.
Creating a team
Creating a team is super simple! The first step in our registration process is joining or forming a team. To form a team, just type in a name for your team, choose how many people you want to join your team and set a fundraising goal. Complete your registration - don't forget to add your family members or friends if you are paying their registration fee!
Once you've registered as the team captain, other team members can find your team and join.
Teams have the option of customizing their team shirts with a white imprint on the backs of the team's shirts. A few things to note:
- The fee for this is $25 per team. No matter if you have 2 or 200 team members, it's the same fee per team. Typically, the team captain pays this fee.
- The fee can be paid online during your registration by checking the box at the bottom of the second page of the registration form - it's titled TEAM CAPTAINS ONLY - Custom Shirt Fee. This will add the $25 fee to your registration fee. If you are a company team and need to be invoiced for this fee, please email WalksforCancer@phci.org.
- The deadline for getting your team's shirts customized is March 15. That means the fee needs to be paid, your artwork needs to be submitted to us and you need your team members registered by March 15.
- If you have team members who register after March 15, they will receive a shirt and from the front, your entire team will look the same. Those who register after March 15 just won't get your cool artwork on the back.
- Artwork should be a .jpg or .pdf. Sending Word documents is not the best option, since we can't guarantee it will look the same on our computers. Please email your artwork to WalksforCancer@phci.org.
Updating your team page
Team captains can update not only their own fundraising page, but also their team page under the participant center. Upload a photo of your team. Change the text to share why you are walking.
You can also send emails under your participant center to recruit team members and solicit donations. Check out some of the sample emails, change them to include your info and send them out!